How to Configure SMTP e-mail System
To configure SMTP email system, change the following features from your gmail account.
- Log in to your gmail account and go to ‘My Account‘ by clicking on the image of top right corner.
- Click on the Sign-in & Security tab.
- Turn off the 2-step verification feature from Sign in to Google section.
- Turn on Allow less secure apps from Connected Apps & Sites section.
- After making these changes from your gmail account, go to Active Super Shop admin Dashboard > Frontend Settings > Site Settings > General Settings .
- Click on the Smtp Settings tab.
- Turn on the smtp status and fill up the form as below:
- Smtp Host : ssl://smtp.googlemail.com
- Smtp port : 465
- Smtp user : YOUR GMAIL ID
- Smtp pass : YOUR GMAIL PASSWORD
- Click on the save button to save the changes.
* If you have any problem, first check to make sure you’re using the right password.
[ N.B: Sometimes it takes more time than usual to send mail, if the receiver is using other account but not gmail account. ]