How to update for android?
**Read all the points carefully before doing anything
- This section will help you if you are here for the update and have already generated the signed release apk/appbundle the last time and already have the keytool and the manifest file ready in your old project folder.
- If you are installing and building the release file for the first time this section is not for you.
- Extract the scource_code.zip. You will find this inside the main zip.
- Open the folder in your android studio.
- **Remember to open this in a separate folder than your old project.
- Even if you are building an app for ios, use android studio for the build.
- Then in your android studio terminal run:
flutter pub get
- This will fetch all the necessary packages
- If you are updating, you must have build the key.jks previously
- Copy the key.jks , key.properties, and the manifest file from your old project and paste in the correct locations
- See the previous screenshots for the file locations
- If you are missing your old project, you have to configure key.properties, and the manifest file like described in the installation.
- As our source code is made ready for the fresh installation , you will have to do all your configuration (like domain path, app color, package name etc ) shown in the previous steps.
- But do not create a new key.jks, you have to update your app with the existing key
- If you have somehow lost your previous key , you have to release a totally new app to the play store.You will not be able to release an update.
- In your terminal run : flutter build appbundle
- The release bundle for your app is created at <your app dir>/build/app/outputs/bundle/release/app.aab.
- Upload this app.aab file to your google play console